I. About IDLO:
IDLO is the only global intergovernmental organization exclusively devoted to promoting the rule of law to advance peace and sustainable development. IDLO works to enable governments and empower people to reform laws and strengthen institutions to promote peace, justice, sustainable development, and economic opportunity. For over 33 years IDLO has supported emerging economies and middle-income countries to strengthen their legal capacity and rule of law framework for sustainable development and economic opportunity. IDLO enjoys Observer Status at the United Nations General Assembly. Its headquarters are in Rome, with a Branch Office in The Hague, liaison offices for the United Nations in New York and Geneva, and Country Offices in Afghanistan, Honduras, Indonesia, Kenya, Kyrgyzstan, Liberia, Mali, Mexico, Mongolia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Somalia, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Uganda, and Ukraine.
II. The Assignment
IDLO is implementing a project that aims to build a soundly regulated financial sector in Somalia that can operate efficiently and consistently with international standards by providing targeted and specialized technical support to the Somali Financial Reporting Centre as it aims to become an independent national center of expertise in the analysis of suspicious financial activities and the investigation of financial crimes.
IDLO wishes to recruit a Strategic Plan Consultant to support the formulation of the FRC’s five-year strategic plan (2022 -2026).
IV. Scope of work and expected deliverables
The outputs to which the Strategic Plan Consultant will contribute will be:
- Desk review of relevant documentation including the legal and institutional frameworks governing the establishment and functions/operations of the FRC, previous FRC strategies, AWPs, annual reports, internal control policies, communication strategy, etc.;
- Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis;
- Undertake a situation analysis of FRC operations to date;
- Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify focus areas and develop strategic objectives and key result areas for the same;
- Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the FRC mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas;
- Undertake consultations with top management and key staff of the FRC in the development of various components of the plan;
- Propose a strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results;
- Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period;
- Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic Plan; and
- Finalize the Strategic plan and submit it to FRC.
- An inception report providing a clear interpretation and understanding of the Terms of Reference and the assignment; and
- A five-year strategic plan covering the 2022-2026 period.
VI. Duration and payment schedule
- It is expected that the work will start shortly after the signing of the contract, potentially in December 2021. It is envisaged that the assignment will be completed within a period of forty (40) days.
Payment for Consultancy will be based on the delivery of outputs as follows:
- 15 % upon submission and approval of the Inception Report;
- 35% upon submission of the first draft of the Strategic Plan; and
- 50% upon submission of the final print-ready version of the Strategic Plan.
- The Consultant will have a dual reporting line to both the FRC Director and the IDLO Senior Programme Manager. The Consultant will liaise with IDLO on all administrative and logistical issues related to the assignment.
VIII. Ideal candidate profile
- A Master’s degree in project management, international affairs, politics, economics, management, and other social science or related field.
- At least eight (8) years of relevant experience in strategic planning and management;
- Must be conversant with Staffing and Budgeting processes
- Must be conversant with global development issues and perspectives.
- Must have experience in undertaking similar assignments.
- Excellent data analysis in qualitative and quantitative methods and;
- Excellent analytical, writing, and communication skills.
Advanced English with strong written and oral communication skills is essential;
Fluency in Somali is an asset.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Applications will be screened on regular basis; a qualified applicant might be recruited before the deadline. In the interest of making the most effective use of resources, only short-listed candidates will be contacted during the selection process.
IDLO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values diversity in all areas of its operations. We welcome applications of qualified and diverse candidates.
IDLO is committed to achieving a 50/50 gender balance at all levels within its workforce. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for IDLO vacancies.
IDLO does not tolerate sexual exploitation or abuse, any kind of harassment, including harassment of a sexual nature; or discrimination. As such, IDLO will conduct careful reference and background checks of all selected candidates as part of its selection process.
DISCLAIMER AND CLOSING DATE
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Contractor assigned to this work. This may not be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality and in compliance with IDLO’s policy on personal data protection.
The Director-General of IDLO reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities or even to cancel the recruitment to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Application deadline: 5 December 2021 (23:59hrs Rome Time).