We’re looking for a communications officer responsible for supporting the delivery of the network’s communications strategy.
Main purpose of the role
The communications officer will be responsible for the development and delivery of a diverse range of internal and external communications of a consistently high standard to GNDR’s main audiences through our available channels, whilst managing his/her priorities to ensure a timely delivery of a busy workload.
Overall scope of the role
The main responsibilities are:
- Support the implementation of GNDR communications strategy and associated annual work plan
- Write clear and effective copy and coordinate the sourcing of copy and media content for GNDR’s communications channels
- Maintain GNDR’s website and social media sites
- Training and supporting users in communications tools and software used by the network
- Involvement in the design and production of communications outputs and materials
- Provide communications support to GNDR campaigns and events
- Liaise with Programmes staff to provide communications support to projects
We are ideally looking for candidates that have the following attributes and skills:
- A degree in a relevant field around communications
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Proven track record of producing high quality external communication pieces
- At least three years’ professional experience in communications and/or media engagement roles
- Demonstrable experience writing for publications, social media and/or the web
- Experience of developing and delivering a social media calendar of content and producing a mixture of written, photo, video and (stock) graphics content
- Very high standard of written English language skills – with the ability to proofread and edit other people’s writing to improve spelling, structure, clarity, grammar, brevity and style
- Experience of producing engaging written copy (e.g. for news article, press releases, stories, reports, websites and social media) – links examples should be provided with application
- Experience of finding and producing impact stories for an NGO; including researching and interviewing people
For full job description please see enclosed link https://www.gndr.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/Communications-Officer-JD-for-review-Aug-2022.pdf
How to apply
How to apply
To apply for this position all applicants should send a brief cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the subject line referencing the role title.
As an international charity, GNDR strives to be inclusive in all its activities, and encourages applicants of Black, Asian and ethnic minority backgrounds for all roles.
Candidates must have the legal right to live and work in any of GNDR’s regional hub locations . Currently the role is working from home with regular times in the office, as government guidance allows.