Country: Sierra Leone
Closing date: 15 Jan 2021
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. A nonprofit international development organization founded in 1971, Pact works on the ground in nearly 40 countries to improve the lives of those who are challenged by poverty and marginalization. We serve these communities because we envision a world where everyone owns their future. To do this, we build systemic solutions in partnership with local organizations, businesses, and governments that create sustainable and resilient communities where those we serve are heard, capable, and vibrant. Pact is a recognized global leader in international development. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including public health, capacity development, governance and civil society, natural resource management, poverty, fragile states, monitoring and evaluation, small-scale and artisanal mining, microfinance and more. This expertise is combined in Pact’s unique integrated approach, which focuses on systemic changes needed to improve people’s lives.
Program Advancement (PADV) – Pact exists to help create a world where those who are poor and marginalized exercise their voice, build their own solutions, and take ownership of their future. The (Integrated) Program Advancement team contributes to this by: Delivering on our promise to global quality and impact via integrated programs; Growing & diversifying our global portfolio integrating the private, public and social sectors; Promoting our work globally to influence the private, public and social sectors.
Pact is part of the consortium implementing the MOMENTUM Country and Global Leadership (MCGL) project, a five-year global funded USAID project to provide targeted Maternal Newborn Child Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health (MNCH/FP/RH) and Technical and Capacity Development Assistance to countries to facilitate countries’ journeys to self-reliance. MCGL aims to contribute to global technical leadership and learning, and USAID’s policy dialogue for achievement of global MNCH/FP/RH goals through support to globally endorsed MNCH/FP/RH initiatives, strategies, frameworks, guidelines, and action plans.
Pact seeks a long-term consultant to work closely with the MCGL team to develop and lead Pact’s capacity development strategy for the project in Sierra Leone. This includes support to local partners by using Pact’s approaches such as the Integrated Technical and Organizational Capacity Assessments (ITOCA), Organizational Performance Index (OPI) and others. Successful applicants will work closely with Pact and other consortium partners, and progressively manage tasks independently. They are responsible for the quality design and delivery of the program’s CD activities and ensuring that these are implemented in compliance with all donor, consortium, Pact, and project-specific policies.
· Work with MCGL team and selected local partners to deliver high-quality technical and organizational capacity development activities for selected partners
· Work with Pact team to learn and apply CD tools including ITOCA, OPI and action plans with partners in Sierra Leone
· Develop materials and processes for topics identified for capacity development of partners, including training, mentoring, coaching, peer learning and other methods
· Manage Pact’s Capacity Solutions Platform for partner organizations
· Remain up to date with latest methodologies, best practices, and donor requirements and ensure that the project capacity development efforts are consistent with the best practices of the industry
· Perform other duties as needed, as the workplan evolves during this period
Management and coordination support
· Contribute to the development of annual work plans, CD activities and program reporting
· Coordinate with stakeholders in all aspects of activity planning, implementation, and monitoring and learning
· Attend and contribute to relevant MCGL working groups, meetings, and workshops
· Actively participate in Pact’s CD Community of Practice
· Join Pact’s project check-ins and provide regular updates on progress
· BA with 5+ years or MA with 3+ years of experience in global development, public health, organizational development, or related fields
· Experience in implementing technical and organizational capacity building programs with grassroots organizations, civil society organizations, governments, private sector
· Experience in facilitation, CD approaches and methods relevant to capacity development
· Demonstrated flexibility, adaptability, and the ability to perform and collaborate in a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work independently and in collaboration with a consortium of partners to produce timely and high-quality results
· Prior USG project experience pertaining to capacity strengthening is a plus
· Must be local to Sierra Leone
Score (Out of 100 total pts.)
Demonstrated history of working with local entities on capacity development activities – 30
Demonstrated history of project management and coordination with stakeholder groups – 25
Interview score – 25
Daily rate – 20
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
How to apply:
To be considered, applicants must submit the following
· CV in reverse chronological format
· Cover letter including consultant daily rate in USD and date available
· Proof of medical insurance
· Three professional references including name, contact information, relationship to the referee and reference to daily rate
· USAID BioData form (https://www.usaid.gov/forms/aid-1420-17
Submit necessary documents to Elizabeth Lopez at email@example.com AND Brittany Haga at firstname.lastname@example.org with “MCGL Sierra Leone Consultant” in subject line
CLOSING DATE: JANUARY 15, 2020