The Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer will: (a) Coordinate all project training modules, on-going technical assistance and mentoring for CBOs, field staff and volunteers; (b) organize and arrange the implementation of capacity building and training activities for beneficiaries on different training topics; (c) assure the coordination of capacity building services with activities conducted under various project components; (d) identify vocational training needs of beneficiaries and organize training workshops through private institutions or CBOs; (e) Coordinate advocacy and awareness activities . The Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer will perform her duties and responsibilities in accordance to the project proposal and budget in addition to the programmatic, administrative and financial policies/ regulations of the National Association for Family Empowerment as a local NGO.
The Capacity Building and Advocacy will:
· Ensure that training components and activities are implemented as outlined in the project proposal and budget in accordance with NAFE policies and regulations;
- Produce monthly progress reports in coordination with volunteers, CBOs, and NAFE project staff;
- Coordinate with the project manager to develop plans for all project trainings;
· Develop and implement on-going technical assistance and mentoring for the CBO partners and volunteers on a variety of training topics;
· Using the market assessment to identify potential topics for vocational trainings and coordinate with the CBO and private institutions to hire trainers and implement the trainings;
· Responsible for identifying the needs, challenges and opportunities amongst the beneficiaries and their business ideas, and organizing groups and trainings to address the relevant topics;
· Coordinate with trainers from external organizations to provide optimal capacity building activities and on-going coaching;
· Conduct on-going monitoring and evaluation on all project trainings and trainers to ensure that the focus, strategies and activities remain relevant for the beneficiaries and to propose adjustments when needed;
· Maintain ongoing communication with project stakeholders regarding project progress and challenges;
· Work as a team player providing relevant assistance to colleagues and ensuring that project components, for which he/she is responsible, are interlinked;
· Ensure to take and maintain minutes of meetings; accurately draft and provide training or workshop summaries;
· Ensure security and appropriate use of project and NAFE assets;
· Perform other duties as assigned.
How to apply
Please apply by sending to firstname.lastname@example.org the following documents:
- Cover letter outlining all relevant experience, availability and salary history
- Curriculum Vitae
- List of three references (including one from current, or most recent, employer)
Application deadline: 17 September 2023
Subject line: Capacity Building and Advocacy Officer
Applicants are strongly encouraged to familiarize themselves with the National Association for Family Empowerment by visiting the NAFE website at www.nafejordan.org
The National Association for family Empowerment will conduct pre-employment background checks that may include contacting off-list references from past employers.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply. This is a local position and not intended for expats.