Organization: Equal Measures 2030 (EM2030)
Location: Flexible/Remote in a country where you have the right to work
Contract term: Indefinite
Hours per week: 32 hours (Mon-Thu) full-time Salary range: USD$40,000 – $60,0001 + Benefits Benefits overview:
- 4-day (Monday-Thursday) work week. We do not work on Fridays.
- We are a fully remote global team.
- Paid time off (including 25 vacation days per year; pro rata for part-time employees).
- Employer contribution to pension/retirement savings.
- Income insurance.
- Health/medical insurance (varies by country).
- “Work At Home” and “Learning & Development” allowances.
About Equal Measures 2030 (EM2030):
EM2030 is a collaboration of national, regional, and global leaders from feminist networks, civil society, international development and the private sector. We connect data and evidence with advocacy and action on gender equality, to transform the lives of women and girls and realize the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
It is more than 25 years since 189 countries committed to the Beijing Platform for Action by advancing women’srights. And we have less than 10 years until the 2030 deadline for achieving the SDGs and their promise of gender equality.
But Equal Measures 2030’s SDG Gender Index shows that not a single country has yet achieved gender equality.
1 *We are in the midst of a compensation review, putting in place our first globally standardized job tier/pay scale. This range may be subject to change as a result of that process.
Our Strategic Plan 2020-2025 is founded on the belief that data can expose gender inequality and injustice, motivate change, and drive accountability. From 2020 to 2025, working with women and girls and across feminist organizations and movements, Equal Measures 2030 will catalyze change through data-driven advocacy aimed atholding governments and policymakers accountable.
Rapid change on gender equality is possible. Join us to help make it happen.
About this role:
This role comes at an important time of growth and evolution for EM2030. We have developed a Business Development strategy focused on securing flexible funding which aligns with our organizational objectives to help us reach our goal of holding governments and policymakers accountable on gender equality.
Our annual income is currently approximately $3M and we aim to reach at least $4.5M by 2026. You will play an important role – working closely with colleagues across our team and partnership – in advancing our Business Development objectives.
You will report to the Head of Business Development and will work closely with colleagues across theorganization on areas such as proposal development, relationship management of our current funders, and communications.
What you’ll do:
- Build a strong pipeline of prospective funders through donor research, identification, and cultivation of funding leads
- Generate new funding opportunities by reaching out to contacts via email, securing meetings and taking new opportunities through the development process to a successful conclusion.
- Develop and deliver bespoke and compelling funding proposals. This will often involve drawing on the skills and knowledge of colleagues from around the organization.
- Work with the Head of Business Development to secure annual and multi-year funding partnerships. Thisis likely to cover a range of funding sources (corporate, foundations, and government funding).
- Manage or support on relationship management with some of our existing funders through effective stewardship with quality reporting, communications, and partnership plans.
- Generate new ideas for business development tools and funding streams
- Attend networking events and conferences (in person and virtual) to build a network of contacts amongst potential funders.
- Keep up to date with fundraising and other appropriate industry information and with developments in the gender equality sector
- Manage funders records and requirements
- Undertake any other relevant and reasonable tasks as discussed with the Head of Business Development
Knowledge, skills, and/or experience you’ll need:
- Proven ability to generate new business from trust and foundations, corporate and/or government donors
- Demonstrated experience in negotiating and positively influencing outcomes
- Excellent relationship management skills across different types of donors
- Proven ability to generate new business development ideas
- Good research and analysis skills for prospect research
- Demonstrated commitment to Feminist, Anti-Racist and Anti-Oppression values and principles, and to decolonizing work in the International Development sector
- Able to work remotely effectively, including across time zones, whilst managing work/life balance
- Demonstrated capacity to work independently
- Externally focused and proactive attitude with the passion to engage people and excite them about EM2030
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and presentation skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Experience in event planning and organizing
- Good knowledge and use of social media and communications tools
- Fluency in written and spoken French and/or Spanish
What we offer:
Our team is collaborative, friendly, flexible, and based in different countries all around the world.
We have been improving our remote working approaches, systems, and tools since our founding in 2017, andare committed to making EM2030 a great place to work no matter where in the world our team members are located. We are powered by our values and principles, not just in “what” we do but also in “how” we do it:
- We are guided by feminist principles and a belief in the importance of gender justice
- We are collaborative and believe in the power of women’s collective action
- We are rigorous in our analysis and transparent about our methodology and approach
- We are outspoken
- We listen and learn
We recognize that it is people that will enable us to reach our vision and mission. We aim to offer a wide range of benefits as outlined above.
How to apply
Please submit in English, a current CV, along with a cover letter explaining how you meet the requirements of therole, and how you would contribute to EM2030’s vision and mission. Please include “Business Development Manager” in the subject line of the email and submit to email@example.com by Sunday 16 October.
We thank all those who apply, but only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. To learn more about EM2030 and our work, please visit our website at https://www.equalmeasures2030.org and review our strategic plan.
People from and based in the Global South, women; trans, non-binary and intersex persons; persons withdisabilities and other candidates from historically oppressed groups, of all ages, are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
Equal Measures 2030 is a fiscally sponsored project of Panorama Global, a 501(c)(3) social impact nonprofit that empowers changemakers through radical collaboration.
Employment of this role will be facilitated by Panorama Global. Equal Measures 2030’s team members in the USA are employees of Panorama Global, and team members outside of the USA are employees of a ProfessionalEmployer Organization/Employer of Record (PEO/EOR) that is appropriately registered as an employer in the individual’s respective country of work to ensure compliance with local labor law.
Panorama is committed to creating a diverse team and is proud to be an equal-opportunity employer. We know that representation matters in the workplace and with our partners; to that end we are committed to a hiringprocess grounded in equity and inclusion. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, citizenship or immigration status, national origin, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, political ideology, the presence of any physical,mental, or sensory disability, age, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to performessential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please email SponsoredProjectsHR@panoramaglobal.org.
Final offer will be contingent on confirmation of the individual’s eligibility to work in his/her respective country.