Who We Are
WellTheory is an early-stage startup on a mission to reverse the autoimmune epidemic. To do that, we are combining food as medicine, community care, and personalized insights from health data to build a membership experience that supports women no matter where they are in their autoimmune journey. Autoimmune conditions cost the US healthcare system $100B each year, and they disproportionately affect women. Since health is 80% lifestyle-driven, there is a huge healing impact of food, movement, stress management, and sleep on autoimmune conditions.
We’re in the very early days and are looking for team members who are comfortable navigating ambiguity and having a wide impact. We are remote-first and looking for team members who are resourceful, thoughtful communicators, love to learn, and take pride in their work.
Our team has deep startup experience, including at Oscar Health, Dropbox, Everlane, and Bill.com, and we have a connection to the problem since many of us have autoimmune conditions ourselves. We are backed by a team of angel investors and industry advisors with deep health care expertise, including the Chief Strategy Officer at Stanford Medicine.
On a weekly basis, you’ll work with our content team to bring our brand language to life in the following ways:
- Create static and motion visuals for Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook, helping to translate complex, scientific topics into easy-to-understand data visualizations and thoughtful brand moments
- Create visuals for email campaigns, helping to announce new content and product offerings to our email subscribers
- Create downloadable, printable guides to be shared via our marketing channels
- Design new sections for our marketing website, based on upcoming promotions, user feedback, and additional offerings
- Create visuals for our community coaching programs to educate and inspire our members on various lifestyle changes
- Monitor consumer trends and look for opportunities to elevate design
- Proof work for typos, style, and duplications, to ensure delivery of error-free designs
- Build out a library of visual assets to be used across content channels
- Provide creative input and direction during project development
- Solid understanding of design principles, typography, color theory and other relevant design fundamentals used in the print and digital space
- Proven understanding of photography fundamentals and principles
- Experience creating data visualizations translating complex ideas into synthesized visuals
- Experience creating both static and animated (gifs, videos) visual content
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to thrive in an environment of continual feedback and address situations with poise, understanding, and tact
- Produce quality work in a fast-paced environment meeting deadlines and expectations for quality, creativity, and accuracy
- Proficient with Figma
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite ? including Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator
You might enjoy working with us if you:
- Are motivated to help reverse the global autoimmune epidemic and help people live healthier lives. If you’re interested in health, wellness, nutrition, and mental health, you’ll enjoy helping build our content and brand voice.
- Thrive working remotely and setting your own schedule. We don’t micro-manage and care more about your output and quality of work than being online during set time windows.
- Are excited to learn from our team’s experiences (Oscar Health, Dropbox, Deloitte Innovation, health coaching, starting a summer camp) and are open to sharing your experiences, too.
You might not enjoy working with us if you:
- Like working in a more established, structured environment.
- Don’t like working with ambiguity ? since we’re an early-stage startup, projects and priorities shift.
- Like your projects to be well-defined from the get-go. We’ll be looking to you to bring your own experience and perspective to help us do the right things and flag if you think we should do things differently. You will have the opportunity to bring creativity and ownership to your projects.
- Prefer working only in person. We are a remote-first company and communicate virtually via Zoom and Slack.
Source: Behance JobList