About the organization:
The Armed Conflict Location & Event Data (ACLED) is a disaggregated data collection, analysis, and crisis mapping organization. The ACLED team conducts analysis to describe, explore, and test conflict scenarios, and makes both data and analysis open for free use by the public. ACLED material is regularly used to inform journalism, academic research, and public discourse on conflict, and to support the work of practitioners and policymakers. ACLED is the highest quality and most widely used real-time data and analysis source on political violence and protest around the world.
ACLED is recruiting a full-time Associate Officer, Administration to support the administrative development and management of ACLED’s day-to-day work, including the activities of Human Resources, Operations, and Finance teams, with a particular focus on operations support, day-to-day bookkeeping, and inbox coordination.
The Associate Officer will serve as a digital concierge for the organization and oversee the smooth operation of virtual office administration. The position will coordinate all internal bookkeeping activities, which may include any HR, Ops, or Finance-related documentation. Additional responsibilities may include direct support with Board meetings preparation, special events, ongoing financial activities.
This is a fully remote position and can be done from any location with reliable internet service. It is open to nationals of any country, excluding those explicitly listed on the Applicants FAQ.
The Associate Officer will be reporting to the Associate Coordinator, and has no direct reports.
For more information, please review the Applicant FAQs. Please submit your salary range for consideration.
Specific roles and responsibilities:
The Associate Officer, Administration will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide support to HR, Ops, and Finance teams, including digital office coordination, scheduling meetings, travel arrangements, and event coordination support.
- General administrative duties including maintaining appropriate filing systems, drafting communications, drafting reports.
- Assist in preparing for board committee meetings and finance committee meetings and communication with the Executive Team.
- Manage the admin inbox and support with the finance inbox.
- Maintain documents required for grant submissions.
- Coordinate a records system and filing for each of the teams (HR, Ops, Finance) and ensure they are interconnected and updated where necessary.
- Digital office management duties, including inbox management and support with bid analysis.
- Support the Finance team uploading documents to the drive, Expensify, or the necessary/relevant platform and support the collection of documentation/receipts.
- Update and maintain teams’ agendas arranging meetings and appointments as appropriate.
- Liaise with the HR, Ops, and Finance teams daily regarding the events of the day and follow up on resultant actions.
- Assist with other work, events and projects as needed.
- Liaise with other admin staff, Trustees, Governors, consultants, and external collaborators.
- Arrange meetings, prepare agendas, and draft minutes.
- Be responsible for the ACLED phone.
- Take notes during meetings.
- Coordinating special virtual events, including All-ACLED calls.
Skills and competencies:
ACLED is seeking applicants who have the following skills and experience:
- At least 2 years of experience working in the nonprofit sector and supporting administration, operations, and finance.
- Bachelor’s degree in International Relations, Politics, or related field is desirable.
- Experience working in the role of a team assistant or personal assistant is desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Attention to detail and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, multitasking.
- Proficient with Google Workspace and Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
How to apply
To apply, please submit a CV and cover letter detailing qualifications and experience as soon as possible through our careers portal. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Interested candidates are advised to apply early.