The Syrian Center for Media and Freedom of Expression (SCM) is an independent, non-governmental, and non-profit organisation registered in France in 2004, governed by a non-remunerated board. It has held a special consultative status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (UN ECOSOC) since 2011.
SCM’s vision is for a world based on freedom, justice, and equality that respects personal dignity, human rights, and fundamental freedoms.
Service name: Contracting with a media platform/التعاقد من منصة إعلامية
Program/ Project/ Department: Media and Freedoms
Duration of the contract: 7 months.
Application deadline: 17 January 2023.
Activities to be performed:
- Publishing 40 educational
- Publication of 20 Radio episodes
- Publish 10 – video productions
- Publish 10 Inforgraph design
Roles and Responsibilities:
SCM is looking for a media platform that will contribute to one or two of these activities:
- Published ten informative articles on the process ofchecking false news using the Digital Enquirer Kit – DEK (exclusively, and will also be trained in its use) to access the correct information;
- Published ten short videos about the process of checking false news using the (DEK) tool, after training on it, and accessing the correct information;
- Published ten infographic materials about the process of checking false news using the tool (DEK) after training on it and accessing the correct information;
- Published 20 radio articles about the process of checking false news using the tool;
- Participate in planned exercises to use the tool;
- Training their editors on the mechanism of checking false news using the tool.
Conditions to be met:
- An introduction to the platform: its establishment/message/internal system/average number of followers, and any information that helps in understanding its targeting strategy.
- Provide us with links to sample media materials produced and published by the platforms/media outlets.
- Detailed financial presentation.
How to apply
Offers must include:
- An overview of the media platform and its work
- Contact information of the platform manager or managers
- Financial offer
- Send requests to email@example.com with the service designation in the email address.
- Any request sent after the deadline will be ignored.
- The bid review process will start after the end of the advertisement period, and the candidates who moved to the second stage will be invited to interviews. We apologize for not sending a response to the rest of the applicants.