Animated illustrations – Trauma Exercises – OpenTeleRehab
Introduction and Background Information
- Humanity and Inclusion
Humanity and Inclusion (HI) – previously known as Handicap International – is an independent and impartial aid organisation working in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, taking action and bearing witness in order to respond to their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights. HI is working in more than 60 countries over the World.
- Physical and functional rehabilitation
For 40 years, HI has been providing rehabilitation services to help people with disabilities, injuries, trauma or other health conditions reach and maintain a maximum level of functioning. Our activities take into account the personal and contextual resources and barriers to accessing and benefiting from rehabilitation and related services, paying specific attention to the role of caregivers and communities in the rehabilitation process.
Since 2016, HI has been researching and testing the use of emerging technologies in remote service provision particularly for low- and middle income countries and emergencies. Based on our findings, we are working on improving access to rehabilitation services through an innovative service delivery model that combines the existing delivery setup in a given context with the use of digital technologies.
OpenTeleRehab is an open source telerehabilitation software powered by HI. The software connects rehabilitation professionals with service users to improve access to rehabilitation services and contribute to universal health coverage by facilitating discharge, transition of care and follow-up. OpenTeleRehab includes a clinical library made of exercises, information and communication material and questionnaires. From the clinical library, rehabilitation professionals can select clinical resources for various health conditions to set up a treatment plan.
- Animated illustrations for trauma exercises
The exercises from the clinical library are provided with animated illustrations to facilitate the understanding of the text instructions provided. HI is looking to expand to clinical library and add exercises for trauma related conditions (burns, amputations, peripheral nerve injuries, spinal cord injuries and fractures).
Examples of animated illustrations available on the clinical library can be found here.
- Assignment Objectives:
The consultant(s) will be in charge of developing 456 animated illustrations for the clinical library of OpenTeleRehab.
The consultant(s) will:
- Provide animated illustrations that are culturally acceptable in different contexts (neutral skin and hair colour, type and length of clothes, gender)
- Provide animated illustrations that are easily understandable
- Provide animated illustrations that have optimized file size (quality/size ratio)
Strictly respect the graphic requirements (to be confirmed with the consultant(s)):
- 2 dimensions
- Format: .GIF
- Ratio: 1/1,91
- DPI: 300
- Frame: 15 frames/second
- Limited number of colors meeting contrast requirements from WCAG (4,5:1) and HI brand book
- Review and adapt animated illustrations according to HI comments (up to maximum 2 feedbacks rounds from HI per animated illustration).
456 animated illustrations meeting above mentioned requirements and in line with existing animated illustrations available on https://library.opentelerehab.com/
How to apply
Roles and responsibilities
- Provides aforementioned deliverables, including up to maximum 2 feedbacks rounds between the consultant and HI per animated illustration.
- Validates deliverables
- Provides necessary documents or information
Selection of consultant(s) will be based on series of criteria, among which (not following an order of importance):
- Application completeness
- Activity costs
- Previous related experiences
- Proposal quality
HI reserves the right not to award the contract concerned by this tendering procedure should circumstances require, and is under no obligation to provide justification or compensation of any kind to the companies consulted.
- Expected duration of the assignment: 2 months as of April 2023
- The deliverables are to be developed from the distance – no travel required.
Proposals should be submitted to Martin JACOBS firstname.lastname@example.org before 24th March 2023.
Email object: Consultancy – OpenTeleRehab #032023
Application should include:
- Graphic portfolio
- Proposal including cost/animated illustration (no lump sum) and planning