As part of the world’s largest humanitarian network, the American Red Cross maintains a roster of trained disaster responders and strategically positions relief supplies worldwide to deliver immediate support. Our help is triggered by a request from the local Red Cross or Red Crescent team in the country affected and can take the form of relief supplies, cash, telecommunications, mapping, disaster management, and other contributions.
International disaster responders are highly specialized and experienced professionals with technical skills and expertise in a technical area. Specifically, Information Management (IM) and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) specialists manage and deploy tools that can help teams rapidly collect, analyze, and disseminate information to aid disaster response decision-making. They create a variety of products—including maps and infographics—to help visualize and understand the impact of the disaster and identify needs.
- Significant technical expertise and demonstrated experience in Information Management and Geographic Information Systems
- A minimum of 3 years’ field experience in the international development/aid field, or at least three national or international-level disaster response deployments.
- Availability, on short notice, for assignments lasting a minimum of four weeks, as well as ongoing availability for annual training and refresher courses.
- Fluency in English; Strong preference for fluency in French and/or Spanish.
- Excellent physical and mental health with the ability to complete a background check and maintain a thorough medical screening, as needed.
- Ability to work effectively in high stress, insecure and volatile environments for extended periods and ability to live in harsh, basic living conditions
- Diplomacy, teamwork and problem-solving skills, cultural sensitivity, tolerance, flexibility, and the ability to function effectively in a demanding and often rugged environment.
- Motivation and strong commitment to the Red Cross Red Cresent’s Fundamental Principles.
How to apply:
Please refer to this step by step guide on how to apply: https://create.piktochart.com/output/57307601-how-to-apply-to-idr-roster
You can also directly visit the IDR Roster Recruitment site here:https://volunteerconnection.redcross.org/?nd=recruitment_page&page_id=98
Application deadline is January 28, 2022. For questions, please write to IDRroster@redcross.org.