RSN is seeking a part-time Administrative Associate with the ability to work remotely, to join a small yet dynamic, high-impact organization.
The Administrative Associate will provide financial and administrative support for the organization and will assist with RSN’s continued compliance with all relevant regulatory guidelines. The Administrative Associate will also assist with accounting, grant reporting, database management, staff and intern recruitment, on-boarding and managing travel logistics and expenses.
This position will report to the Deputy Director of Operations and will work in close collaboration with other US-based staff and on occasion with RSN’s partners.
Candidates must be highly organized, have strong accounting and admin skills with a strong attention to detail. Proficiency in QuickBooks and complex formatting in Microsoft Excel is important. Additionally, the candidate will need to be adept at reconciling accounts, have experience processing invoices, reviewing financial documents and pulling reports from QuickBooks. Familiarity with federal grant awards is preferred.
• Provide administrative support to the organization in the areas of: accounting, bookkeeping, compliance, HR and fundraising
• Monitor a variety of account expenditures; maintain and reconcile budgets for multiple programs; inform management of irregularities
• Support staff with grant amendments, cost extensions, no-cost extensions, budget realignments and other adjustments as requested
• Conduct compliance research regarding both state and federal employment, healthcare, taxes or any other relevant topics in response to internal needs
• Assist with organizing events
• Further develop and maintain a comprehensive information management and filing system that ensures all donor contractual documents, reports, key correspondences, etc. are appropriately filed and available as needed
• Handle organization database entry
• Other organization-wide administrative support as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience with accounting, finance and HR in the nonprofit sector
• Experience with administrative support in a 501(c)3 tax-exempt organization
• Intermediate to advanced skills with QuickBooks Online and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
• Experience working in compliance, quality improvement, and non-profit sector is a plus
• Ability to think creatively and strategically, and to identify and resolve problems
• Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements
• Ability to multitask and independently organize workflow
• Cultural sensitivity when working with partners in international contexts
How to apply:
Please submit your Resume and Cover Letter. Click here to apply
RSN is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, race, religion, gender, class or any other characteristic. We encourage applications from under-represented communities and especially those with refugee backgrounds.
RSN is only able to entertain candidates from the US and Canada for this position . Due to limited capacity, only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you for your understanding.